Do you guys swallow eba?

It's been ages since I last wrote. I got caught up writing for another source, writing my final year project and attending online classes. Well I can't say I didn't have a hand in it. I could have squeezed time out but I was mad my last few posts didn't get enough views I decided I won't write. This blog clocked 1 year some days ago and I didn't even post to commensurate. Oh well, I'm sorry (customer always right they say).

I'm back with a short story enjoy.
This happened way back in primary 4. We were on the assembly ground that morning(yunno the regular, girls on one row, boys on the other,class by class, teacher at the front).

During this time one of my classmates was acting all uncomfortable(getting in squatting positions, standing again, bending).

Her name was Mary (dark skinned child, thick legs with big head,always has her rosary on). I have always thought she was weird since I saw her picking mushrooms into a sheet of paper and she kept insisting they were delicious (I was like 8 didn't know more than rice,beans and yam and all that, which one is mushroom again?).

Mary's display caught the attention of teachers and they started asking the regular questions. "How are you feeling?" ,"is your stomach paining you? ", "have you eaten?" Etc etc. Mary said she had eaten. That she had rice. I was standing not too far, so I could watch the drama unfold.

About 5 minutes after the Q&A Mary threw up. Sheesh I couldn't say I didn't expect that. But Mary had misinformed us. Contrary to her the information Mary supplied we didn't see rice anywhere all we had on the floor was eba. 


Large moulds of eba(do you people actually swallow eba or do you chew?), they were like my 8 year old fists, scattered on the floor(at least 1m radius) horror show. I can't make this up. The lie didn't bother me. What bothered was how an 8 year old could swallow giant okele of eba like that (lai shey ejo) she didn't even need that much energy. No she didn't. Till this day I try to imagine how she swallowed those.

Well we went to class after and she was probably taken to the sick bay. Please tell me in the comments, do you swallow "swallows" cause me i chew o.


Comments