Movie Review (Movies you should see during the break)

 This is my first movie review on my blog I’ve been doing it for a while though as most of you may know. This is so you can know stuff to watch during the break. I’d try as much as possible to reveal only so much of the plot and the story that it doesn’t become a spoiler, I’m aware some people love spoiling movies for themselves before watching them but that’s just treacherous and I won’t be a part to it.

1.       Batman(2022)

You should watch Batman. If you know me you’d know I’m 1000% team marvel. And it’s not just an agenda it’s just spectacular how they’ve managed to meticulously link about 20+ movies over almost a 15 year period. However, I cannot lie to you guys, this batman movie was great; I watched it with so much prejudice.  I’d liken it to ‘the dark knight rises’ (the batman with Bane from the trilogy), the villain here is ‘the ridddler’ and he put in a good shift, it’s not news that DC knows how to make a good villain. Also Zoe kravitz catwoman was great.

 


In all, I think the story was great, no real thrilling moment or grand entrances like marvel movies have, no humour as expected, they totally took out the playboy narrative from the trilogy (yuno how DC act like they have no foresight and never plan these characters), very dark too, cause well if you have to trek most times as a superhero you’d want it to be late at night, tbh there wasn’t any fantastic lines of dialogue you can hold on to either. After listing all these it sounds crazy that I’d refer this as a great movie, but I think it’s the story that’s very good and how, batman hit an epiphany and how once again batman is portrayed as a very selfless superhero. Or maybe I just expected something very terrible.

Either ways I’d give it 7.5 /10.

 

2.       Dog (2022)

You should watch dog. This one is about a soldier that got a brain injury in course of service and wasn’t allowed to serve anymore (for obvious reasons) till it was medically proven that he was fine. He got miserable and was itching for action. Opportunity presented itself wrapped in tragedy, when lost an ex-military mate to suicide. He gets a little mission to take his mate’s feisty and traumatized war dog (a beautiful Belgian Malinois) home for the funeral and the whole story about the road trip and dealing with a crazy dog.


In all it was a good story, nice plot, a bit cliché but yunno Hollywood can get like that, no mega plot twists cause the story doesn’t even require one.

 In the end I think it was a great movie 8/10.

 

3.       Eternals (2021)

This movie has a bad rating by almost everyone but I’m ready to die on this hill that it’s the best marvel movie out since avengers end game. If you haven’t seen it because of what people said, I’d say give it a try. I think the story was great, great plot, plot twists were good, the characters were great the CGI was perfect (as you’d expect from a marvel production), a good amount of tragedy to keep us in check. The speedster is the best you have seen in movie for sure, they also took representation to another level. If you’d not watch it for any reason, watch it for Angelina Jolie. Thank me later.

Solid 9/10 in my opinion.

 


 

 

4.       Murder on the Nile

I recommend Murder on the Nile. This is a sequel to ‘murder on the orient express’. It’s basically about this incredible detective. As in the prequel someone died (multiple people this time) in a twisted wedding party between a billionaire woman (Gal Gadot) and her best friend’s fiancée (haha I know right). The story was good. It’s just normal that there are a lot plot twists during investigations. Great watch. I’d say 8.5/10.

 

5.       Scream (2022)

You must have heard of scream before at least seen the mask somewhere. Honestly I do not recommend this one, it’s a horror movie and I love horror movies although I really prefer the ones with haunted houses and entities, however that’s not why I don’t like this, it was just all too Scooby doo-ish. It had good mis-directions and a little plot twist at the end, but a lot of things didn’t add up at all like the strength of the killer. Bang average in my opinion. 5/10.

 


6.       Don’t look up (2021)

I recommend Don’t look up .This is an apocalypse movie. A comet was approaching earth some astronomers spotted it 6 months out, warned the president of the USA and she did nothing about it. No other nation had the power to do something individually cause in Hollywood movies America is alpha and Omega, however I think it gave a better depiction of the American society than any other movie I’ve seen, no white washing, nothing, beautiful acting also from OG actors. I loved it. 8.5/10.

 


7.       Turning red (2022)

You should watch turning red. This is the first animation on the list. It’s about a girl that enters into puberty and gets the regular package, yunno liking boys and stuff, except, instead of her insides liquefying like a normal woman she turns into a red panda whenever she gets any extreme emotions. It shows how controlling parents can push ids and the power of friendship. Any further explanation will become a spoiler. In all it’s a great watch. Nice story, little humour, little emotional stuff, I’d say I can relate deeply but I was never a young girl. Haha. 7/10

 


8.       The Contractor (2022)

You should watch the contractor. It’s a bit cliché tbh. Here’s how the story goes. A soldier injures his knee in line of action, he takes some substances to help with his recovery, the military suddenly say they are illegal substances and then he’s discharged from the military without benefits. The military of course doesn’t make you a billionaire just because you literally risk your life, so he needs a job now to pay bills, take care of family and all that. One of his ex-military mates commits suicide (yeah I now almost the same as “dog”). He meets another ex-military friend there gets plugged to private contract job from that one, everything goes crazy from there. I think the story was cliché but good, great fighting scenes. No serious dialogue but didn’t really need tbh, the main character only had to ‘act act’ for like 5 minutes towards the end but he nailed it. But I have honestly seen James Bond movie that don’t beat it. I’d say 8/10.

 


9.       Dune (2021)

You really shouldn’t watch dune. Well except if we have beef, than please I want you to watch it. It’s just all hype, in my opinion it’s a dead movie. There’s no high point, no special acting, no wowing dialogue just big name stars and vibes. The CGI was good though, but the whole movie was teasing this crazy climax that didn’t happen eventually. Disappointing stuff. 5/10.

 


10.   The outfit  (2021)

It’s hard to recommend/condemn this movie. You see it’s not bad but has a very slow beginning, in fact almost slow all through. The first time I watched it I turned it off after about 15 minutes, I had to be really bored to come back to it. The entire movie was shot in one shop.


I really appreciate how the managed to shoot in one spot, the story was good, nice plot a couple of plot twists but nothing out of the ordinary, dialogue was okay. In all I think I just rate it cause they made a one location movie work. But sincerely it’s a 6/10.


Feel free to suggest some movies for me too. Namaste.

Comments